Co-Founder @ LICI
Ruben Jauregui is a family man first, an entrepreneur and a volunteer for many causes. He and his wife Gloria have raised four children and are the proud grandparents of seven young men and ladies, and of three great-grandchildren. He and Gloria have been married for more than 55 years.
As an entrepreneur Ruben has founded, successfully operated and sold companies in the fields of healthcare, accounting and management consulting, energy management (“Green”), and telecommunications. Included among those are:
• An 1800 bed chain of Skilled Nursing Facilities;
• An energy management company providing services to firms such as: North American Rockwell, Pacific Bell, Knott’s Berry Farm, Sears, Penney’s and the L. A. Community College district
• A CPA firm providing services to firms such as: Verizon, the U. S. Dept. of Commerce, the Resolution Trust Corporation, Tandem, So. Calif. Air Quality Management District, and TELACU, among others. Merger and Acquisition related services were also provided to a limited number of clients.
• A company providing underground, fiber-optic cable installation for firms such as Verizon, AT&T and others.
Mr. Jauregui also serves on the board of Directors of the following for-profit firms:
• Avanti Health – Memorial Hospital of Gardena
• Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
• Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center – Chairman
As a volunteer Ruben has served or continues to serve on the Boards of Directors of several organizations; some of those include:
• Cathedral High School Board of Trustees
• Finance Council of the Catholic Archdiocese of L. A.
• Latino Institute for Corporate Inclusion
• Latin Business Association
• Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club
• ELA YMCA
• Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater L. A.
Mr. Jauregui has been accorded various awards for his philanthropic efforts in behalf of various charitable organizations and been recognized among the 100 Most Influential Hispanics in the U. S. He attended Cal-State University, Los Angeles and Southwestern Law School.